I have tightened the control loops and the interpolation rate. Here it is printing a shot glass from a .STL file.
Today we can officially announce that the Delta Forge is printing!! We have pushed the forward and inverse kinematics into the firmware. We now have linear interpolation executing on the firmware at 100hz alongside the closed-loop PID controller running the arm links. We have completed the integration of the GCode parser and hooked it into the communications layer.
We have some work to do in terms the initial calibration. We are also going to be moving from a 7:1 gear ratio to a 16:1 ratio over a 2 stage gear train. The spherical bowing of the work space is caused by a calibration issue on start-up.
Here you can see the 7:1 reduction stage we added to the Delta arms. The encoder is directly on the motor giving us a total of .0125 Degree resolution on the output arms. With the current link lengths, this should give us sub .5mm tip position accuracy. We have also added an anti-backlash spring to ensure smooth motion and stable control loops. Our controller is giving +-2 “ticks” on our magnetic encoder.
We’re in the process of moving the website
Last weekend we put together the first prototype of the ServoStruder for its feed test. This test is using 1.7mm ABS filiment and the hotend from a PrintrBot.
This weekend we added the 3d printed links. These are prototypes of the parts that will ultimately be injection molded. This video is of the robot running G-CODE of a simple square. The jitter will be resolved with our closed-loop control once the electronics come back from manufacture.
Here we integrated the robots with out Kinematic display and control GUI
Here we connected the prototype to a Trobot as out input control. Both robots have a DyIO as its controller and both use out Abstract Kinematics library to convert joint positions into Cartesian positions and back again.